Welcome to the Wilkes University International Travel Registry!
When it comes to managing a crisis or assisting an ill or injured traveler, Wilkes will use this travel registry for vital information. By entering your travel plans into the Registry, administrators are able to quickly locate you when an emergency situation occurs (e.g., earthquake, terror attack, etc.) in order to begin communication, facilitate aide and, when necessary, evacuate. This is NOT an approval process. The information on travel plans will remain confidential and is only connected to an individual employee in case of emergency. The travel registry also provides a quick and easy way to register your trip with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), established by the U.S. Department of State.
- All Wilkes faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes.
- Travel should be registered prior to departure.
- Travelers should update their registrations as additional information becomes available or changes occur during travel.
- Faculty and staff travelers may list accompanying family or quests who are not directly associated with the University.
What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?
- Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables Wilkes to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registry is the primary means for sharing urgent health, safety, and security related information with travelers abroad.
- Wilkes Travel Abroad Health Insurance: The travel registry provides access to the University's approved travel abroad health insurance. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.